Hey music lovers,
As the week comes to a close, I have only but one thing for you. The top ten songs of the week this week. So without further ado, here they are.
10. Barenaked Ladies- “If I Had A $1000000”. Such a classic song that when we hear it, we can’t get it out of our heads. This is one of my favorite songs because it’s fun. There is no deeper meaning to this song, which is really neat. Sometimes, we need a straightforward song about a million dollars. What would you do with a million dollars?
9. Better Than Ezra- “At The Stars”. This is a slower song by the band, but nonetheless brings you back to the 90s vibe. This song is really soothing to listen to, and the perfect song if you need a good cry. It reminds you that someone is there for you, or something. You are never alone. If anything, you have the stars.
8. NONONO- “Pumping Blood”. This song is such an upbeat song that gets you going. The chorus is the catchiest part of this song, reminding you that it’s your life, your body, you are alive and ready for action. Take those chances, live your life. Feel the feeling of being alive. Sometimes we only experience life here and there. Why not feel it all the time?
7. Sammy Adams- “Big Lights”. Whenever I am in a city, whether it is Cleveland or Buffalo, I always get this song stuck in my head. The night life in the city is one to die for, where the magic always happens, and yes, they are bright. I remember being in Cleveland and taking a picture of downtown where all the lights were, and it was the most exhilarating feeling I have ever had. I guarantee you won’t be able to get this song out of your head once you hit a city.
6. Tim McGraw F./ Taylor Swift- “Highway Don’t Care”. This song is a beautiful country collaboration between two talented artists. This song is a sad song, but it makes you really listen to the lyrics. It’s about loving someone that you can’t live without and adventuring back to them. I recommend giving this song a listen to, and I guarantee you will love it by the guitar solo.
5. Demi Lovato- “Really Don’t Care”. This girl is going straight up to the top with this song. If you want to know the next hit before anyone else, I highly recommend giving this song a listen. This song is fun and upbeat, about getting over someone and never going back to them. #GirlPower.
4. Jason Mraz- “Love Someone”. I first heard this song when Mraz performed it on American Idol, and fell in love instantly. Like his song “I Won’t Give Up”, the tempo is slow, but the combination of the instruments and his voice come together for form goosebumps. It’s about what happens when you love someone. You can’t help but put a smile on your face whenever you hear this song. This is one of my go-to songs, as I’m sure it will be for you too.
3. Jerrod Niemann F./ Pitbull- “Drink To That All Night”. A little twist on this country hit, this song is a song that you can’t help shaking to. Adding Pitbull into this mix is just pure brilliance. This song is about having fun, forgetting the past and living in the night. This is a summer song that will be blowing up your speakers before you know it.
2. Matchbox Twenty- “Hang”. An older song of Matchbox Twenty’s off of their “Yourself or Someone Like You Album”, this song is a slower song from the band, a sad song as well. My favorite part of this song is how it tells a story between a guy and a girl that is nearing the end, but isn’t quite there yet. The chorus of this song gets me every time, about leaving and getting away, but say the word I’ll just “hang” or stay.
1. Coldplay- “Sparks”. An older Coldplay song. One of my friends sent me this song this week, and although I never heard it before, I knew I would love it. And that I did. This is a slow, acoustic song, which is different from Coldplay’s upbeat songs. I like this song because it reminds me of a romantic scene in a movie. I can see this song in a movie where two lovers are in the back of a pickup truck with blankets surrounding them. They are looking up at the crisp, summer night’s sky. The camera begins on their faces, then zooms out steadily to where they are, what they are in, and so on. I highly recommend this song, especially for a slow dance. This song makes you sway back and forth and makes you reflect on yourself.
Well there you go music lovers. The top ten songs of the week. As you head out into the world, keep these songs and music close to you. You never know when you are going to need them.
So until next time, dance, live, and love music.