Hey music lovers. It’s time to switch things up a little bit. As spring is (hopefully) just around the corner, people seem to be getting into relationships, getting engaged, or getting married to their soul mates. So, this week in honor of the lovebirds or hopeless romantics, I’m bringing you the top ten love songs of the week.
10. Paramore- “Still Into You”. Who can’t help but smile and feel the butterflies erupt from your stomach when you hear this song? This song is a new light for Paramore, which is bouncier and more popish than their other music, which used to be more punk rock. I remember when I first heard this song, I was driving with my girlfriends on our way to Vermont for cliff jumping, and we couldn’t help but blare this song and sing at the top of our lungs with our arms flapping in the air. When the song was over, we all laughed and talked about our usual boy gossip, because the song reminded us of it. The song is about feeling like it’s date one when you’ve been together for a long amount of time. If a person still gives you that energizing rush of goosebumps and makes your heart pitter patter just by smiling, you better hold onto them and never let them go.
9. Tegan and Sara- “Closer”. With the 80s sound this duo have, you can’t help but dance and smile to this song. It’s about being more than physical with someone, but something much deeper than that. Yes the physical attraction is there(oh man is it there), but you want something more than the one night stand with this person. Live in the moment and make them yours, yours where the love will erupt and you will always love this person. So, can you come a little closer?
8. Bruno Mars- “When I Was Your Man”. Maybe not a sweep you off your feet and carry you into the night song, but still a love song none the less. This song is about not realizing what you have until it’s gone. Fellas, girls love and swoon over the little things you do for us, like getting us a flower, remembering our favorite milkshake flavor, or what you thought when you first saw us. Take it from Bruno Mars and appreciate the love that you have before it’s too late.
7. Kacey Musgraves- “My House”. I told you this girl is gonna hit it huge. You can live in a palace, a two-story house, a ranch, or a trailer, as long as you have the one you love and go on the adventures together, then that is all that matters. The adventures are what makes the love stronger. You can both tackle the world together, because the both of you together are stronger than ever.
6. B.o.B. F./ Taylor Swift- “Both of Us”. This is a different take on B.o.B.’s style, but it’s such a strong song. Like Musgraves, you’re gonna go through a lot of battles with someone you love. But sometimes, love is all you need if it’s that strong. By adding T-Swift in this mix, by having the guy girl collaboration, it shows the love that people can have, no matter what the couple is like. Swift adds a feminine tone to the mix, while B.o.B. raps out his love. Love can get you through the toughest times, and that is what the song is saying.
5. Gin Blossoms- “Follow You Down”. A little classic throwback for all of you music lovers. The song that featured on “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”. When you’re in love, time doesn’t matter, as long as you are enjoying each other in the moment, that is what matters most. A couple is meant to do things together, so take up each other’s activities If one likes sports, watch their favorite sport games, if they love a certain band, try a concert. This doesn’t mean you HAVE to do everything together, but it’s good to have SOME things in common with your significant other. Having those differences are what makes the both of you mesh so well together, because you both understand that you have your own things but still have some things in common.
4. Taylor Swift- “Red”. Of course we couldn’t touch on the topic of love without mentioning the Queen of the love and heartbreak relationships. This is one of my all time favorite songs. I love how Swift incorporates colors into her songs, because it is so true. When we think of love, we think of the color red, Valentine’s Day, roses, and more. We remember the bumps in the roads along with the burning red fire of love. There will always be a love, whether it is a first love, or the love you are meant to be with forever. Sometimes it’s difficult to move on, but if you love someone, I always think of the saying, “if you love someone, then let them go. If they come back to you, they were meant to be yours”. This is what Swift is stating, that she let her love go even though she thinks about them all the time.
3. Mariah Carey F./ Miguel- “#Beautiful”. This song came out this past summer. We all expect to be attracted to the person if we are in love with them. But this isn’t talking about just the physical attraction, but the beauty of the person’s personality. Let’s be honest, if we think someone has a dull personality, more likely than not we aren’t going to be with them forever. As Pheobe in Friends would say, you find your lobster, and that is through falling in love with looks and more importantly, personality.
2. Cash Cash F./ John Rzeznick- “Lightening”. This is Cash Cash’s latest release. When I first heard this, I was really confused and thought “man they sound a lot like the Goo Goo Dolls”. Well believe it or not this dub step group paired up with the lead singer of the Goo Goo Dolls, and this song is banging. It’s about the beginning of love. Sometimes, before we find love, we are in a dark place and we don’t really realize we are there until someone comes along that makes us realize that with them, everything seems a little brighter. I can see this song hitting huge, with the beat and the love lyrics, it definitely has potential.
1. Keith Urban- “Somebody Like You”. Ah last but not least ending with the infamous Keith Urban. This song is a little bit of a throwback with a country twang to it. Love tends to open us up to new possibilities and to a day full of smiles. We’ve all made mistakes in the past, but when you love someone, it’s no mistake at all. Love is like a warm summer’s day full of carefree enjoyment and the power of dreaming. We all do crazy things when we are in love, and it’s okay! Take a chance and make them yours. If they make you happy, don’t lose that happiness. With love, we are all open to new possibilities in life because we know our other half will love us no matter what (all good of course). Don’t be afraid to take a chance and jump that cliff to reach the waters, because in the end, it is all meant to be.
So there you go, your top ten love songs of the week. As a last word of advise, don’t be afraid. If you love someone, then show them your love. Express your love in the ways no one else would. If you are trying to find love, you will, because once you do, it is the most amazing thing you will ever experience.
So until next time, dance, live, and love music.